Friday 11 March 2011

Backlog

Gender identity is not dependent on biological but on psychological and sociological genders.
So really, the biological side of gender, 'sex', is less important to my work than the sociological and psychological side of gender- gender identity.
My work is not really about biology - although it is a contributing factor - it is a lot more about society and psychology and how gender is affected by them and how transgenderism affects them.


                                                                           *****

I believe that there are so many people whose identities can be hugely defined by their genders: people such as those who greatly adhere to gender stereotypes. Although people, such as myself, aren't necessarily archetypes of gender stereotypes - gender is still an important part of our identities. What I want my work to do is help the viewer realise how transexuality has caused gender to become invalid as an identity definer. I was the viewer to think about what gender is in terms of identity. What are the differences between genders and do they really exist anymore now that there are people who are genderless, both genders or have changed from one to the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment